[ Overview | FAQ | Exhibition Proposals ]
CATE welcomes proposals to travel exhibitions and requests that the following information be provided:
- Description: please provide a brief description of the exhibition’s theme, content, curatorial premise, and artists, and include compelling reasons why the exhibition will be of interest to museums and their audiences.
- Checklist: in a spreadsheet, number each work of art and include artist name, title of object, creation date of object, medium of object, dimensions in inches (width x height x depth), and insurance value if known. If relevant, please also include the lender for each object and indicate their willingness to lend to a tour. For multiple artist exhibitions, please also list artists' year of birth and death, and artists' country of origin and current residence.
Images: provide images of an adequate number of objects to convey an accurate representation of the exhibition’s scope and theme. If possible, provide images of all objects in the exhibition. Images may be submitted a CD, as prints or as referenced in a catalogue or book, or as digital images (query for FTP information). If installation images from previous showings are available, please include these as well.
- (1) Are there loan fees or expenses for the use of any of the objects?
- (2) Are there any conservation issues?
- (3) Are there existing frames and crates?
- (4) Is there a catalogue?
- (5) Are there educational materials? Please describe.
- (6) Are there any special display materials or requirements?
- (7) Has this exhibition been previously shown? Where?
- (8) Please list any institutions that have expressed interest in or that have declined to host the exhibition.
- (9) Why are you interested in having the exhibition tour?
CATE can only evaluate each proposal based on the details and information provided. Omission of information or changes to the details of the exhibition may alter our consideration of the proposal.